While resting may seem easy, it’s always been difficult for this on-the-go girl. So I first of all wanted to thank all of my friends who have kindly reminded me how to slow down, drink fluids and most importantly: stay in bed! While I have taken time out of the gym to heal, I haven’t stopped brainstorming short and effective workouts for you, my followers! Here’s a workout I tested recently and found to be an effective and speedy workout.
This workout will have your arms feeling stronger, leaner and more toned! Start with a 5-10 minute cardio warm-up. Be sure to alternate each strength exercise with a cardio-boosting exercise to increase calorie burn. Not challenged enough? Up the cardio exercises to 1-2 minutes! Be sure to challenge yourself.
- 5-10 minute run on treadmill (alternate medium to high speed intervals)
- Dips – (3×8-12)
- 30 seconds of high knees
- Lat pull down (3×8-12)
- Mountain climbers
- Dumbbell lateral raise (3×8-12)
- 30 seconds of burpees
- Tricep pulley pushdown (you can do a lying tricep extention if limited on equipment) (3×8-12)
- 30 seconds of plyo lunges
- Cable bicep curl (3×8-12)
How did it go? Be sure to let me know in the comments. PS drink lots of water!